Ensure Brake Safety!
March 6, 2017
A brake is a mechanical device that prohibits motion by absorbing energy from a moving vehicle. It is used for slowing or stopping a moving vehicle or to prevent its motion.
A proper functioning braking system ensures safety of vehicle control and operation and it should be checked on priority if you suspect any problems or improper functioning.
“After every 6 Months Brake Service and Inspection is a good way to ensure brake safety, Car owners should not ignore warning signs that their brakes need attention,”
Car owners to look for the following warning signs that their brakes need to be inspected:
- Noise: screeching or grinding noise when applying the brakes.
- Pulling: vehicle pulls to one side at the time braking.
- Low Pedal: brake pedal nearly touches the floor before the brakes are engaged.
- Hard Pedal: must apply extreme pressure to the pedal before brakes engage.
- Grabbing: brakes grab at the slightest touch to the pedal.
- Vibration: brake pedal vibrates or pulses, even under normal braking conditions.
- Light: brake light is illuminated on your vehicle’s dashboard.
brakes normally wear and tear of any vehicle, they are eventually need to be replaced. Factors that affect brake wear and tear include driving habits, road conditions, vehicle type and the quality of the brake lining material. Be very clear to avoid letting brakes get to the ‘metal-to-metal’ contact as that can be extravagant and would require brake disk or brake drum replacement.